Monday, January 18, 2021

A New Year In Entrepreneurship

 (Hiram, OH) I am starting year six at Hiram College. I originally started in January of 2016 as an Assistant Professor in Communication. I came to Hiram right after graduating from BGSU in December of 2015. There's no way when I came to Hiram that I thought I would be an administrator at the start of this year!

Hiram College press release about me!

My great colleague

I'm thrilled to be in my current position. I work with a great colleague named David Kukurza. He's the Academic Development Director for Entrepreneurship. He and I mesh really well. You can tell we both have been around the block awhile and understand how to work well with people. Working well with people isn't something you can learn all about in school. A lot of it is learned from being in the business world, being in meetings, observing the hierarchy of companies, seeing who speaks when, knowing the roles of people, and so on. This business insight is what makes working with Dave so much fun. We don't mess around trying to figure things out so much. 

What's coming up

We are starting the spring semester face-to-face in-person. However, we are still following the state guidelines of not having more than 10 outsiders for a gathering. Social distancing is still encouraged. February 1st, all Ohio school employees are supposed to start getting vaccinated. We'll see. 

No comments: