Monday, June 7, 2021

Taking a breath

(Canton, OH) It's summer time and the living sometimes isn't so easy. It's the fourth week since graduation and every week, has had several meetings on the docket, including four separate professional development seminars online. I'm supervising two students on internship. I require them to blog and we have Zoom meetings every couple of weeks. And I check in with their work supervisors. I am also in the middle of prepping a 100% asynchronous online class for the second summer session. 

When I previewed this week in meetings, I saw 11 meetings and yet another conference/seminar to attend and it conflicts with two meetings. On top of all of this, I had to take our dog to the emergency vet last night as she hadn't been able to eat for the past two days. She is not herself. The doc had to keep her overnight and give her an IV. She is having an ultrasound to see what the mass is that is stuck in her abdominal area. 

With all of this going on, I had to remind myself to just take a breath. Inhale. Exhale. Get through one thing at a time. Getting through each meeting and each day and just staying ahead of things helps settle the anxiety down a little. 



No comments: